Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Not everyone is meant to be friends..and it's a good thing!


I love everybody! I really do!But.......




Not everyone is meant to be friends. Some people are meant to be acquaintances, some to be associates, some to only hold relationships within work, groups, etc. and that's it. What I don't understand is how when you send social cues to a person that say, "Hey, your cool, but that's it, our relationship ends and begins at a certain point", why some people choose to ignore the signals and continue to put you and themselves in uncomfortable situations.



Now , I give everyone a chance. I don't know you, I'm not gonna judge you and most of the time, people are completely different than how you think they might be. But after that, I may choose to consider you only someone I may be acquainted with in one way or another. Maybe we don't have anything in common, we think differently, or our values are different. I can definitely see intuitively when there may be problems ahead with myself and another person and I listen to my gut. This doesn't mean we don't speak, may not get up once in awhile if we have friends in common, work, etc. But it does mean that I don't share my personal life or space with you. That's for friends & family. Your should do the same.



I hope I'm not hanging myself with a rope on this one, but while I'm flattered, friendship may not be in our cards. And it's a good thing. In any relationship, you should want someone that wants you in their life the same way. Hey, there have been plenty of people I attempted to befriend and get close to that didn't feel the same way about me. And in the end, it was a blessing in disguise, the absolute best thing,lol!



I do wonder if anyone has been in similiar situations though and how they handled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment